- Paediatric Emergency Medicine
- 10 PAs
- ED Medical Staff
- £77,913 to £105,042 pa
- 25/02/2019 23:59
ALL CORRESPONDENCE INCLUDING INVITATION TO INTERVIEW AND CONFIRMATION OF ATTENDANCE WILL BE COMPLETED VIA EMAIL.
PLEASE ENSURE BUSINESS E-MAIL ADDRESSES ARE PROVIDED FOR ALL REFEREES.
Paediatric Emergency Medicine Consultant required
We don’t believe in long job adverts; instead we offer the following:
- An a opportunity for a post of consultant paediatrician/paediatric emergency medicine to join an award winning team of 3 consultants paediatricians and 10 emergency medicine consultants;
- This post attracts a Recruitment and retention premium;
- Individualised job plans to ensure work life balance, including: off-site SPAs to pursue special clinical interests;
- No night on-calls;
- Responsibilities exclusively in Paediatric ED with no ward commitment;
- Recognised research site for paediatric emergency medicine with paediatrics ED consultants successfully publishing at both national and international platforms;
In return we are looking for candidates who have:
- Full registration with the general medical council;
- On GMC specialist register with CCT in general Paediatrics or a with a CCT in Paediatric Emergency Medicine (PEM);
- Up to date advanced paediatric life support (APLS);
- Applicants who are newly qualified or established Consultants in paediatrics or paediatric Emergency Medicine;
The paediatric emergency departments at BHRUT see approximately 62,000 paediatric emergency attendances each year across the two hospital sites. We receive patients presenting with wide spectrum of paediatric medical and surgical emergencies as well as traumas.
Both paediatric emergency departments at Queen’s and King George Hospitals have undergone an extensive and innovative program of restructuring since 2014. This involved all aspects of clinical and operational pathways, recruitment, environment, training and teaching.
The paediatric emergency team at BHRUT received BURUT Pride in Excellence award in November 2015 and special recognition as an inspirational unit from the WellChild national charitable organisation in 2017. We also received an excellent feedback regarding the training we offer in a recent inspection by the London Deanery.
Please refer to our Job description and our Emergency Department “Why you should join us” guide for further information of what you can expect from us as a department.
Applications from job seekers who require Tier 2 sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. The UK Visas and Immigration department requires employers to complete this test to show that no suitably qualified EEA or EU worker can fill the post. For further information please visit the UK Visas and Immigration website.
From 6 April 2017, Tier 2 skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, must present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) will also be subject to this requirement.
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
For informal enquiries and or visits please email Dr Aber Eaqub – Consultant Paediatrician and Specialty Clinical Lead for Emergency Medicine VIA Bradley Graham – email@example.com
If you have problems applying, contact
- 01708 435 000 Ext 4421